If you have ever looked in the mirror and felt disappointed with your smile, a smile makeover in Lakewood, CO could be the solution. A smile makeover considers the aspects of your smile you don’t like and provides a cosmetic treatment plan that addresses those issues. The end result is a brilliant smile that you are proud to show off. Here we look at what a smile makeover includes to help you decide if it’s right for you.
What Changes Can be Made at a Smile Makeover in Lakewood, CO?
Your smile makeover always starts with a consultation with your Lakewood dental clinic. At this appointment, you’ll discuss what you like and don’t like about your smile. From there, your Lakewood, CO dentist will examine your smile and provide a cosmetic treatment plan. There are many smile makeover improvements available using several different possible treatment options, including:
- Fillings: If you have older fillings, they can be very noticeable when you laugh or smile. As fillings begin to deteriorate, you can replace your dark-colored fillings with new, tooth-colored fillings for an even smile you can flash without worry.
- Teeth whitening: Over time, all of us experience the staining of our teeth. This can lead to a yellow smile that isn’t as attractive and that makes you look older. Teeth whitening is available to provide you with the pearly whites you’ve always wanted.
- Composite bonding: Composite bonding applies a tooth-colored resin to your teeth that can correct many smile challenges, from gaps to misshapen teeth and permanent staining to covering up exposed roots due to gum recession.
- Porcelain veneers: Porcelain veneers are very thin “shells” applied to the fronts of your teeth. They have a very natural appearance and are used for many makeover solutions, including discoloration, abnormal shaping, minor alignment issues, chips, and cracks.
- Dental implants: This is the ultimate missing tooth solution. Unlike dentures or bridges (see the full difference here), dental implants use posts surgically implanted into your jawbone to mimic your natural tooth’s roots. The posts fuse to your jaw and provide stimulation to keep your jawbone healthy, while also providing a secure fit, look and bite for your tooth replacement.
- Clear Aligners: These invisible, removable braces called clear aligners, or Invisalign, correct Issues such as gaps, overcrowding and misalignments.
Technology makes many of these treatments easier. For example, digital scanners create impressions of your mouth and teeth. They offer a more realistic look for your results. They also provide a faster turnover for things such as veneers or dental implants.
How Do I Know If a Smile Makeover in Lakewood, CO is Right for Me?
Lakewood, CO smile makeovers are the best solution for people who aren’t happy about their smile. You might not even realize you can improve your smile, so you might not have given it much thought. However, if you have issues with any of the following, you should consider a smile makeover:
- An inconsistent color when you smile, whether it is due to staining or inconsistent restorations
- Issues with alignment, such as crooked teeth, overlaps or uneven teeth
- One or more missing teeth
- Noticeable or prominent gaps in your teeth
All of these smile imperfections have cosmetic dental treatment solutions. However, the real sign a smile makeover is right for you is if you don’t feel confident when you smile.
Interested in learning more about a smile makeover Lakewood dentists offer? Schedule your next appointment with Dr. Elizabeth Turner here and we’ll get to know you and evaluate your unique needs.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry services in Lakewood, Colorado, visit this page here.