You may have first heard of Invisalign in Lakewood, CO as a simple, discreet treatment to help you correct issues with your smile. The treatment gained popularity as a replacement for metal braces that were very obvious and out there for all to see. Many older patients flocked to Invisalign to correct crooked teeth because no one needed to know. And while it’s true that Invisalign can fix aesthetic issues, few people realize that it is also a practical treatment to help correct many dental issues.
As a Colorado dentist, we have found that many people in Lakewood, CO, don’t even know they have dental issues. Consequently, without a dental treatment plan, the health of their teeth is likely to decline quickly. As part of whole-health dentistry, we offer Invisalign to fix common dental problems.
What Does Invisalign Treat?
Invisalign is not just about beauty. There are many functional teeth problems that Invisalign can treat. This includes:
- Crowded teeth: Your jaw may not have enough room for your teeth, or your teeth may have been pushed together. Crowded teeth can’t be cleaned properly and are more likely to harbor plaque, tartar, and bacteria. They may develop serious problems over time if not corrected.
- Deep bites: Deep bites are serious overbites. This may cause pain in your jaw or may wear down your teeth over time. It is important to correct this issue.
- Underbite: Underbites are where your bottom teeth are in front of your top teeth. This is always a problem and can wear down your teeth, make it hard to chew, and hard to speak. If you’re used to your underbite, you may be surprised at how it was affecting you once it is corrected.
- Crossbite: A crossbite is where some of your top teeth are to the left or right of your bottom teeth. This can wear down and chip your teeth. It can make your gum line recede and create painful problems.
- Open bite: An open bite is where your top and bottom front teeth don’t touch each other. This can make it harder to bite and chew than it should be. You may actually find you can’t bite into certain foods at all.
Thankfully, Invisalign is an effective solution to solve these issues.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign is a fast and convenient way to fix many common dental problems. It starts with a scan of your mouth. Your Lakewood, Colorado dentist will make Invisalign aligners based on the scan and update them as your teeth change. The aligners put gentle pressure on your teeth to move them into place.
Why Should I Choose Invisalign in Lakewood, CO?
There are other treatments that can help you fix everything from crowded teeth to abnormal bite patterns. Braces can help, but there are many reasons to choose Invisalign over traditional metal braces. With Invisalign, you can:
- Eat whatever you want. You aren’t required to refrain from substances that could break your metal braces.
- Have cleaner teeth. It’s easier to clean without having to worry about getting around your braces.
- Stay comfortable. Invisalign is a retainer-type object you place in your mouth. You can remove it to eat, so you don’t need to worry about biting into something you shouldn’t. You also don’t need to have your Invisalign tightened at each appointment, so you won’t have any pain associated with that.
- Invisible look. Invisalign is really difficult to see unless someone is standing right next to you. They were made to look discreet so you can keep smiling proudly.
Think Invisalign might be a good option for you? Learn more about our Lakewood, CO Invisalign services here.
Schedule your next appointment with Dr. Elizabeth Turner and she’ll get to know you and evaluate your unique needs.
To learn more about cosmetic dentistry services in Lakewood, Colorado, visit this page here.